Volunteer in the Arts - Be a Panelist
Each year the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance seeks individuals to serve on a Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Advisory Panel.
Serving on a panel can be an exciting and rewarding volunteer experience. You'll have a chance to meet new people from a variety of backgrounds while supporting the communities in which you live and/or work. Panelists get a unique look at the grantmaking process and learn about the many creative ways artists and arts organizations are making a difference locally.
Upcoming Panel Dates:
- Wednesday, August 27
- Thursday, August 28
- Friday, August 29
You may nominate yourself or another person to serve on a Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts Advisory Panel.
- Panelists must reside or work in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia Counties and must be an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Panelists do not need a specific arts education or affiliation, just an appreciation. This process is about making sure that residents of each community have access to the arts.
- You do not need to work in arts and culture to be a panelist. Consultants, attorneys, community leaders, legislative staffers, educators, and philanthropists have all been panelists in the past.
- Some financial or organizational management experience is a plus, but is not required.
- Participate in an online panel orientation. Panel orientations are conducted online through a free webinar. Orientation is mandatory for each panelist. During the panel orientation you will learn about how to review and score the applications. The orientation is approximately 30 minutes and is offered multiple times for your convenience. You will receive the dates and more information about the orientation after we accept your application.
- Read and rate each grant application. All panelists are required to read and rate each application according to criteria established by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. Reading the grant applications must be done in advance of the panel session and on your own time. You will have about two weeks to read and rate approximately 20 applications. Please plan accordingly as this will take some time.
- Attend the Panel Session. The panel session is a one day commitment where you will discuss the applications and come to consensus on the scores with your fellow panelists. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be included. Panelists are not compensated for their service.
If you have any questions about becoming a panelist, please email Tracy Buchanan, Grants & Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Project Stream and Program Stream grants initiative is made possible through the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency. They are funded by the citizens of Pennsylvania through an annual legislative appropriation, and administered locally by the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. The Pennsylvania Council on the Arts is supported by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. Additional support for Project Stream is provided by PECO.