Teen Council Deadline Extended to March 29th!
The Virginia and Harvey Kimmel Family Teen Program
Cultural AllianceTeen Council Application
The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance is looking for a group of young, energetic and motivated Philadelphia students to participate in the first year of our Teen Council. The Cultural Alliance Teen Council will be a diverse group of 12 Philadelphia students who will help us shape and launch The Virginia and Harvey Kimmel Family Teen Program, an exciting new initiative to engage area students in arts and culture. Council members will meet monthly throughout the school year and work within three key project areas: Blogging & Reporting, Community Outreach and Special Events. Teen Council members will receive a monthly stipend of $50.
Interested students can apply online, or click here to download a copy of the application to submit by fax or mail. The deadline to apply is March 29. Please direct any questions to Nancy DeLucia, Director of Policy & Community Engagement at (215) 399-3526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Council Project Task, Projects and Responsibilities:
- Help the Cultural Alliance brand and launch The Virginia and Harvey Kimmel Family Teen Program
- Write monthly blog posts about the Philadelphia creative scene
- Promote the program's website, social media properties and special events
- Plan and execute the kick off event and launch party
- Engage other teens on the website and social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Attend monthly meetings on the second Thursday of every month
- Attend up to six special events at area cultural organization and creative spaces
- Regularly communicate with the Cultural Alliance staff on projects and goals
- Teen Council members will receive a monthly stipend of $50.
Cultural Alliance Teen Council Criteria:
- Between the ages of 15 - 17
- Reside and attend a high school within the City of Philadelphia
- Academically competent - 3.0 GPA desired, however all are encouaged to apply
- Strong interest in arts & culture or journalism & writing
- Comfortable with computers and social media
- Ability to attend monthly council meetings on the secnd Thursday of each month and up to six special events throughout the year
- Ability to manage your time well and meet any project deadlines
Teen Council Application Process & Deadlines:
- Submit your application and letter of reccomendation by March 29, 2013.
- You can submit the online application form or click here to download a PDF application.
- Be sure to submit a letter of recommendation from a non-family teacher, advisor or mentor.
- Top candidates will be invited in for an in-person interview in early April.
- Selected students will be notified by April 30, 2013, and the first convening will take place in early May 2013.
If mailing your application, please send it to:
Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
1315 Walnut Street, Suite 732
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Or, you can fax your application to (215) 557-7823. You can also scan and email letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
The Virginia and Harvey Kimmel Family Teen Program is made possible in part through grants from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts, Art Works. Additional support is provided by a generous leadership gift from Virginia and Harvey Kimmel.