AV, Film and Media Technician
Position: AV, Film and Media Technician
Reports to: Academic Computing Manager
Purpose: Support the College’s Media and AV needs for classroom and College functions. Manages the operations of the AV Department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Film, Educational Media or Video Production.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software on Macintosh and PC.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Broad knowledge of Audio Visual equipment, maintenance, sound, video and lighting.
- Must have at least 1-2 years’ work experience with the following programs: Avid (required), Premiere (required), After Effects (strongly preferred), DaVinci Resolve (strongly preferred), Pro Tools (strongly preferred), Logic (preferred)
- Must have working knowledge of video and audio editing, ingest procedures, audio mixers, lighting, cameras and applications.
- Familiar with and able to host Zoom webinars.
- Familiar with livestreaming technologies for sharing College events with a broad audience, both remote and in-person
- Ability to trouble shoot and keep up with new technologies and trends
- Knowledge of VR and related applications desired but not required.
- Flexible and willing to work weekends, mornings or night hours as needed
- Responsible for maintaining and securing video and audio editing equipment, maintaining the equipment, and securing storage solutions
- Supporting the College's Instructional Technology & Online Coordinator and faculty in developing educational media (video) assets for online, hybrid, and flipped learning environments.
- Responsible for assisting students, faculty, and staff in solving technical problems
- Coordinates the use of all AV & Multimedia equipment throughout the college including reservation, installation and return.
- Manages all phases of AV production including PowerPoint presentations for administration, faculty, staff and guest speakers, video and audio productions and presentations using a wide array of Multimedia equipment.
- Maintains the fiscal AV budget, plans for the purchase of new equipment and submits requisitions for equipment and materials to the Academic Computing Manager for approval.
- Provide detailed typed instructions on all classroom and auditorium equipment.
- Train faculty, staff, and students on all AV and multimedia equipment.
- Maintain, clean, and organize the equipment and equipment storage areas.
- Performs routine maintenance
- Responsible for in-house and external event planning and support.
- Evaluates departmental and system-wide faculty/staff AV and develop corresponding technology training programs.
- Contact and negotiate major repairs with outside sources.
- Hire and train student workers to use digital camera, media cart, video camera etc.
- Assist in strategic planning regarding the multimedia needs of the College.
- Keep up-to-date on new technology.
- Keep Academic Computing Manager informed of schedule of events on a weekly basis.
- Works with Academic Computing Manager to execute special projects as assigned.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Able to lift minimum 50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. These are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as so classified.
The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, handicap or disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other College-administered programs and employment practices. Retaliation is also prohibited. To read our full compliance statement please visit: http://moore.edu/about-moore/non-discrimination-504-titleix