Box Office Supervisor
Box Office Supervisor
The Box Office supervisor is a part-time position (approximately 18-30 hours per week) and is responsible for providing excellent customer service and fostering a professional atmosphere within the Box Office. The position will be required to manage the box office during show times on a rotational basis.
- Serve as Box Office manager on duty during performances on an as needed, rotational basis.
- Accurately process ticketing transactions in person, on the telephone, or via written communications using Tessitura software.
- Model excellent customer service to work-study employees and demonstrate poise in patron interactions.
- Assist with hiring, training and scheduling of box office staff.
- Disseminate event information to the box office staff on a regular basis regarding specific show and rental events.
- Provide support to the Ticket Sales Associates and Student Managers on Box Office policies and procedures.
- Supervise Box Office and serve as manager on duty in the absence of the Box Office Manager.
- Assist in ticketing for children’s performances (Children’s Festival and Arts4Youth) in collaboration with Artistic and Education Manager, and in rental events in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and Front of House Manager.
- Assist with subscription renewal process, in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
- Adhering to the University and Annenberg Center Box Office policies, assist with daily reconciliation of petty cash, credit card transactions and cash deposits.
- Oversee Student Managers in their unique weekly responsibilities as well as the planning process for student rental events.
- Co-lead Box Office’s role in student performances, including meetings, creating performances within Tessitura, overseeing student performance deadlines, and collaborating with Front of House and Production for student performance details.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Box Office Manager.
- Training beyond High School is required; BA/BS preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of sales and performing arts administration.
- Box Office sales customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Tessitura is strongly preferred.
- At least one year in a supervisory or leadership role preferred.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and courteous demeanor.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Google Drive.
- Judicious conflict-resolution skills.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, educational or athletic programs, or other University-administered programs or in its employment practices. Questions or complaints regarding this policy should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, Sansom Place East, 3600 Chestnut Street, Suite 228, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6106; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).